Thursday, August 11, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
- Replace the oxygen sensor. The sensor is a device that measures oxygen in the car's exhaust and helps regulate how much fuel the engine needs to operate. If it's faulty, it will make the car use more fuel than needed - and end up raising your fuel costs as much as 40 percent. Replacing the sensor usually costs less than Php 10,000.
- 2.Inspect for a loose or cracked gas cap. If you don't tighten the gas cap enough, or if it's broken, gas can evaporate into the air, wasting fuel. A new gas cap typically costs less than Php 500.
- 3. Replace the catalytic converter. The catalytic converter reduces toxic emissions and can be an expensive repair that could reach to as much as Php80,000. Typically, this part won't fail unless you repeatedly ignore problems with faulty oxygen sensors or spark plugs. So its ranking suggests a lot of routine repairs aren't getting done.
- 4. Replace the mass air flow sensor. This device measures air coming into the engine. Problems here can be prevented by changing the air filter when you have your oil changed - for a cost of about Php1000. If you don't, and dust builds up on the sensor, you could be in for a Php20,000 repair.
- 5. Replace the spark plugs. Changing spark plugs typically costs cheaper if you do it yourself. Again, if not replaced, damaged spark plugs can cause the engine to misfire and lead to expensive catalytic converter problems.
Friday, July 8, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Built to celebrate Nissan's global racing success, the new 370Z GT Edition promises to be the best handling version yet. Inspired by its 1970s forebearer, the newborn features a set of eye-catching racing stripes down both sides, darker 19-inch alloys, and a trio of special paint finishes - Pearl White, Kuro Black, and Black Rose.
As the name implies, the GT Edition highlights Nissan's presence in GT racing on the world stage. As well as its continuing commitment to Super GT in Japan. The edition also introduces a number of significant suspension and equipment improvements which have been also adopted by the standardf Coupe. One of the principal modification is the retuned dampers that provides ideal balance between ride comfort and high-speed handling. With a shorter wheelbase, wider track and stiffer shell than its predecessors, the Nissan 370Z has starred on track as well as on road.
Extra kit for the GT Edition includes a reversing camera that appears in the sat-nav screen and a new tyre pressure monitoring system. The advance seven-speed automatic option now has a 'snow' setting mode when which applied, sets the car off in second gear and controls engine revs to prevent spinning the wheels in slippery conditions.
However changes aren't purely cosmetic - the latest addition to the line-up has been fettled by Nissan's UK engineers, who have retuned the dampers to help provide "the ideal balance the ride comfort and high-speed handling" and added underfloor insulation to help increase refinement. The newcomer's price starts at Php2,500,000 ( SP35,000).
If ever there were a so-called American automotive icon, perhaps the Ford Mustang would be it. The legendary Ford Mustang appeared in most Hollywood movies. Today's Mustang brings bold styling, remarkable performance and affordability that have been Mustang's trademark for decades in auto industry history. It created the "pony car" class of American automobile - sports car like coupes with long hood and short rear decks that gave rise to its competitors.